At service today I was with the same kid named Brandon as the first time
I went. I was glad I got to work with him again because I could see how far he
is coming along in his learning. He's happy that I’m his tutor because I talk
to him and relate things in math to sports, which he likes a lot. Doing this
service you learn a lot about yourself and other people like Brandon. It really
does feel great leaving knowing that you are making a difference in someone’s
life. He really is a smart kid he just needs someone to keep pushing him to do
his work and he will be fine. The hardest thing I think that I have to over
come is seeing some kids in high school not being able to read
or write. It really breaks my heart seeing that but at
least they are trying to get better by going to this tutoring. Brandon was
shy coming into this first week but know I think were building a strong relationship
and he can trust me talking to him and telling him what he needs to learn and I
think he will be successful in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment