Sunday, September 16, 2012

fys 6


In the one hand, the profit motive stimulates newer, better or cheaper products and services through a continual process of innovation and ‘creative destruction’. At the same time, the market for these goods relies on an expanding consumer demand, driven by a complex social logic.

It is perhaps not surprising to discover that the desire that consumer goods play to our lives. It's been noted already (Chapter 4) that material artifacts constitute a powerful ‘language of goods’ that we use to with each other— not just about Status, but also about identity, social affiliation, and giving our feelings for each other, our hopes for our family, and our dreams of the good life. This is not to deny that material goods are essential for our basic needs: food, shelter, protection. On the contrary, this role is critical to our physiological flourishing: health, life expectancy, vitality.

I got 6 earths I drive a lot but being at school will make that go down. So I will follow these steps to better the earth.

My carbon footprint was 25 two under the us average

No comments:

Post a Comment